This is the website of Glen McArdle trading as Fairways Design.Fairways Design respect your right to privacy.
The following discloses my information gathering and dissemination practices relating to this website. In order to fully understand your rights, Fairways Design encourage you to read this Privacy Notice. By using this website, you signify your express acceptance of this Privacy Notice.Fairways Design is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Notice, your only remedy is to discontinue use of this website. Fairways Design reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. Each time you use this website you shall be bound by the then current Privacy Notice and accordingly you should review the Privacy Notice each time you use this website.
Privacy & Data Protection
Fairways Design fully respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear knowledge and permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to Fairways Design will be treated strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. We do not require you to provide personal information unless you wish to avail of quotations, additional features or services. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
Fairways Design do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
Communicating via the internet and sending information to you by other means necessarily involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third-parties.
Who are we?
I am Glen McArdle (sole-trader) trading as Fairways Design. Fairways Design is a graphic design and web design business that provide expert services and advice to individuals and companies in areas such as:
- Graphic Design
- Website Design
- Logo/Branding Design
- Book Design
To find out how to contact Fairways Design, check out the contact us page.
Why do we process Your Data?
You have an opportunity to send us information via this website, such as through the “instant quote” or “contact us” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails, request quotes, brochures/proposals or provide feedback. You may also choose to provide us with personal data (e.g. name, e-mail, postal address or other contact details) in an e-mail message to the address listed on our site. Fairways Design use these details solely for the purpose for which you provided them (e.g. responding to your query, quotations, billing or ongoing review emails etc)
In order for me to provide you with our services, Fairways Design need to process your personal data to provide you with a contract or sale or service.
When you browse this website certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site. Fairways Design may also use temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited. This information may be used to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
Special Categories of Personal Data
If Fairways Design collect any special categories of personal data we will ensure that we will obtain your explicit consent.
Profiling & Automatic Decision Making
Fairways Design doesn’t carry out any automatic decision making on your behalf.
- For processing activities for which we rely on consent as a basis for processing your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- For processing activities which are based on a statutory or contractual requirement, you may request your data not be processed for that purpose. However, this is not an absolute right and may be over-ridden by our statutory obligations. In other cases, requesting that data should not be processed for a particular purpose may prevent us from executing a contract or delivering a service to you.
You have the right to request
- A copy of data we hold about you (Right of Access)
- That any error in data we hold about you is corrected (Right of Rectification)
- That data we hold about you be erased, unless we have a countervailing interest or legal obligation to retain it (Right of Erasure)
- That we refrain from processing data for a specific purpose (Right to Restrict processing)
- Not to be subject to automated processing, including profiling –You also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
- A copy of the data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form to enable you to reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services (Right of Data Portability)
We will accede to any such valid requests within 30 calendar days of the receipt of a valid request in writing.
Please send all requests in writing to [email protected]
We reserve the right to request you to provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
Who we share your information with
We do not share your information with third parties other than as set out in this Policy. We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Consent: We will share your information with a third party where you have allowed us to do so.
- Business [Transfer]: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal information to the new or prospective owners.
Where we store personal information
We generally store personal information on servers located inside the European Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer certain information to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be aware that the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We only transfer your information outside the EEA where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections.
For instant quote purposes we use WordPress Estimation & Payments Forms plugin by www.loopus-plugins.com. According to the GDPR law, visitors requesting instant quotes via the plugin can consult their data and delete them from url provided in their instant quote email. A password will be generated and a link will be added at end of the customer’s email to allow them to download their data, as well as giving them the possibility to make a deletion or modification request.
Fairways Design retains personal data about individuals for a range of periods. The basis for our retention periods is based on our contractual obligations. The maximum period we will hold any of your data, unless being used for ongoing review/contractual purposes is six years.
We commit to not keeping personal data for longer than is necessary and review records on an annual basis.
This cookies policy describes how Fairways Design use “cookies” and other similar technologies, such as pixels and tags, in connection with our website.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file consisting of letters and numbers that is placed on your computer or other device. Cookies enable our systems to recognize your device. Such recognition is necessary to for the efficient operation of our site.
A number of features of our services may not work or will be curtailed from working effectively without cookies. As a result, changing your browser settings to reject cookies may have a negative impact on your ability to use our website.
Who drops cookies when I use Fairways Design website?
Many of the cookies dropped when you use our services are “first party cookies” (meaning cookies placed and read by Fairways Design directly).
What types of cookies are used on Fairways Design website?
We use both “session” and “persistent” cookies.
A session cookie is used to identify a particular visit to our site. These cookies expire after a short time, or when you close your web browser after using our services.
A persistent cookie will remain on your devices for a set period of time specified in the cookie. We use these cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period of time.
Why are cookies used by Fairways Design?
We set some essential cookies, which are required for the operation of the site. The cookies that we set, and their purpose, are detailed below:
|PHPSESSID ||To store a simple message when a form is submitted that can be displayed on a different page. For example, if an enquiry form is completed incorrectly, a message will be stored and presented to the user to indicate the errors in the submission. |
|__unam || |
The __unam cookie is set as part of the ShareThis service and monitors clickstream activity, e.g., Web pages viewed, navigation from page to page, time spent on each page. The ShareThis service personally identifies you only if you have separately signed up with ShareThis for a ShareThis account and given your consent. See more at: http://sharethis.com/privacy.
|_ga ||This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits strategyand.pwc.com, a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. In most cases, this cookie is used to determine unique visitors to strategyand.pwc.com, and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and the accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure. |
|_drip_client_6994213 ||Remembers previous actions when browsing a page again during the same session. |
|Essential WordPress theme cookies to maintain core site functionality. |
|wordpress_test_cookie ||This cookie is used by WordPress to test that cookies are enabled on your browser. |
|__cfduid ||This cookie by Cloudflare is used to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. For example, if the visitor is in a coffee shop where there are a bunch of infected machines, but the specific visitor’s machine is trusted (e.g. because they’ve completed a challenge within your Challenge Passage period), the cookie allows us to identify that client and not challenge them again. It does not correspond to any user ID in your web application, and does not store any personally identifiable information. |
|Google Analytic || |
In addition to the cookies that we set directly, we also use Google Analytics. This is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate use of those services and compile a report for us. Should you decide that you don’t want us to use those cookies, you can set your options with Google at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
|WordPress Estimation & Payments Forms plugin: ||Cookies from this plugin provide visitors with an accurate estimate of their request (the final estimate/order is sent by email). Personal information provided by a visitor include their quote details, email address and name. |
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Functional”.
- cfduid (Necessary) The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.
- PHPSESSID (session Necessary) This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users’ unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Performance”.
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics This cookies is set by GDPR Cookie Consent WordPress Plugin. The cookie is used to remember the user consent for the cookies under the category “Analytics”.
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category “Advertisement”.
- _GRECAPTCHA This cookie is set by Google. In addition to certain standard Google cookies, reCAPTCHA sets a necessary cookie (_GRECAPTCHA) when executed for the purpose of providing its risk analysis.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE This cookie is set by Youtube. Used to track the information of the embedded YouTube videos on a website.
- test_cookie This cookie is set by doubleclick.net. The purpose of the cookie is to determine if the user’s browser supports cookies.
- IDE Used by Google DoubleClick and stores information about how the user uses the website and any other advertisement before visiting the website. This is used to present users with ads that are relevant to them according to the user profile.
- YSC This cookies is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos.
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-others This cookies is set by GDPR Cookie Consent WordPress Plugin.
- CONSENT This cookies is set by GDPR Cookie Consent WordPress Plugin.
How do I contact Fairways Design to learn more?
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate physical and technical measures. We review our security policy regularly.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal notice and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Delay or failure on our part in enforcing any of our rights shall not constitute a waiver by us of our rights and remedies. If any part of this Privacy Notice is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the validity or enforceability of the remainder will not be affected.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our practices relating to the website or your dealing with the website you can contact us at [email protected]
Changes to this privacy statement
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 24 May 2018.