This is the website of Glen McArdle trading as Fairways Design.Fairways Design respect your right to privacy.
The following discloses my information gathering and dissemination practices relating to this website. In order to fully understand your rights, Fairways Design encourage you to read this Privacy Notice. By using this website, you signify your express acceptance of this Privacy Notice.Fairways Design is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Notice, your only remedy is to discontinue use of this website. Fairways Design reserve the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time. Each time you use this website you shall be bound by the then current Privacy Notice and accordingly you should review the Privacy Notice each time you use this website.
Privacy & Data Protection
Fairways Design fully respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear knowledge and permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to Fairways Design will be treated strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. We do not require you to provide personal information unless you wish to avail of quotations, additional features or services. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
Fairways Design do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
Communicating via the internet and sending information to you by other means necessarily involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third-parties.
Who are we?
I am Glen McArdle (sole-trader) trading as Fairways Design. Fairways Design is a graphic design and web design business that provide expert services and advice to individuals and companies in areas such as:
- Graphic Design
- Website Design
- Logo/Branding Design
- Book Design
To find out how to contact Fairways Design, check out the contact us page.
Why do we process Your Data?
You have an opportunity to send us information via this website, such as through the “instant quote” or “contact us” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails, request quotes, brochures/proposals or provide feedback. You may also choose to provide us with personal data (e.g. name, e-mail, postal address or other contact details) in an e-mail message to the address listed on our site. Fairways Design use these details solely for the purpose for which you provided them (e.g. responding to your query, quotations, billing or ongoing review emails etc)
In order for me to provide you with our services, Fairways Design need to process your personal data to provide you with a contract or sale or service.
When you browse this website certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site. Fairways Design may also use temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited. This information may be used to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
Special Categories of Personal Data
If Fairways Design collect any special categories of personal data we will ensure that we will obtain your explicit consent.
Profiling & Automatic Decision Making
Fairways Design doesn’t carry out any automatic decision making on your behalf.
- For processing activities for which we rely on consent as a basis for processing your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- For processing activities which are based on a statutory or contractual requirement, you may request your data not be processed for that purpose. However, this is not an absolute right and may be over-ridden by our statutory obligations. In other cases, requesting that data should not be processed for a particular purpose may prevent us from executing a contract or delivering a service to you.
You have the right to request
- A copy of data we hold about you (Right of Access)
- That any error in data we hold about you is corrected (Right of Rectification)
- That data we hold about you be erased, unless we have a countervailing interest or legal obligation to retain it (Right of Erasure)
- That we refrain from processing data for a specific purpose (Right to Restrict processing)
- Not to be subject to automated processing, including profiling –You also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
- A copy of the data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable form to enable you to reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services (Right of Data Portability)
We will accede to any such valid requests within 30 calendar days of the receipt of a valid request in writing.
Please send all requests in writing to [email protected]
We reserve the right to request you to provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
Who we share your information with
We do not share your information with third parties other than as set out in this Policy. We may share your information in the following circumstances:
- Consent: We will share your information with a third party where you have allowed us to do so.
- Business [Transfer]: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal information to the new or prospective owners.
Where we store personal information
We generally store personal information on servers located inside the European Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer certain information to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be aware that the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent to those in Europe. We only transfer your information outside the EEA where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections.
For billing purposes we use FreshBooks.com, a third party firm who provide secure cloud-based accounting solutions for small business owners. For further details on Security and Reliability Safeguards of your billing data please visit