TERMS OF BUSINESS
1. PRELIMINARY WORK: All work carried out, experimentally or otherwise, at the client’s request shall be charged unless otherwise agreed in writing.
2. SPECIFICATION: Any subsequent amendment to the specification detailed in your quotation/invoice could involve a price change.
3. TEXT: A charge may be made to cover copy not supplied on computer disc or e-mail. Where copy or a logo is supplied by the client in hard copy format (such as bromide, laser or a printed sample) a charge may be made to cover any additional work involved where copy supplied is not clear and legible.
4. PRINT MANAGEMENT: Please note that from January 2017 Fairways Design will no longer offer print management services to clients. For that reason we recommend that you liaise with your chosen printer regarding all print quotes, print specifications, print quantities, finishes, deadlines, deliveries etc. Upon Fairways Design sending your chosen printer your approved artwork the client fully accepts, that although we will endeavor to fix any artwork related issues prior to printing, Fairways Design will NOT be held responsible for any print related issues such as: choice of printers, print standards, print approval issues, technical print issues, colour issues, alignment/sizing issues, source file issues, finishing issues, print delays, print quotes/invoicing, print delivery, print deadlines, reprint costs or print scheduling issues. It is essential that the client orders a full size hard copy printed proof from their printer prior to printing.
5. CORRECTIONS: Our fees covers three sets of online proof corrections or ‘versions’ (see ProofHQ below) from first artwork proofing. An hourly rate of €65 (minimum charge €65) will be made to cover further sets of corrections or versions. If such a request is received for further changes, it shall be assumed that the client is aware of the additional charges associated and no alteration to previous quotations will be necessary.
6. PROOFS: PDF proofs of all artwork will be submitted for the client’s approval (which is required in writing or approved online) before going to print. Customers are requested to double check all details on every proof/version sent to you. This is important as liability will not be accepted by Fairways Design for any errors, typos or omissions once customer authorisation has been given.
PROOF-HQ: Fairways Design uses an online proofing system called ProofHQ. ProofHQ is a great way to get feedback and approval on all design work submitted to the client. The client will be sent a link to their proof via e-mail, this e-mail will also contain a list of instructions on how to use ProofHQ. The client can make as many comments/markups to any proof, however you are only entitled to three sets of online versions (or changes) for each project. An hourly rate of €65 (minimum charge €65) will be charged to cover additional versions (if required). If such a request is received for further changes, it shall be assumed that the client is aware of the additional charges associated and no alteration to previous quotations will be necessary. Please note that your proofs may be locked once you have made a decision. Fairways Design will hold your proof on the server for a maximum of one month after your final decision has been made. Please ensure to notify Fairways Design if you wish to keep a backup/record of all your ProofHQ comments, changes and requests made online to your proof otherwise these will be deleted after one month.
7. SIGN-OFF AND APPROVAL: Fairways Design require all artwork to be approved by the client in writing or via ProofHQ. Fairways Design shall not be held liable for errors, typographical, colour, mechanical or other costs including re-printing, press, magazine, television advertising or other media. It is important the client understands and accepts that Fairways Design will NOT take responsibility for any print related issues upon artwork approval.
Projects which have been approved or paid for by the client will be deemed as a completed project. Amendments or additions to completed projects will be considered as a new job and may therefore be quoted for as a new job per our hourly rate of €65 (with a minimum fee of €65).
8. CANCELLATION: Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any fault of the client, Fairways Design shall then be entitled to a fee for work already carried out, materials specially ordered and any other additional costs. The cancellation fee will be based on the original quotation.
9. DELIVERY & PRIORITY JOBS: Fairways Design will endeavour to keep to any completion dates agreed but shall not be liable for failing to meet these dates where the client fails to adhere to dates agreed or due to any delay from an act of God, illness or accident on Fairways Designs part. Please allow at least 4-6 working days lead-time from approval of quote for commencement of all design projects. If a project requires a lead-time less than 4 days from quote approval and depending on our current workload then a Priority Fee (+30%) will be applied to your estimate if we can accommodate your request. Please note that lead-times do not include any time required to assess your project which is required for preparation of quotations. Unless otherwise specified, the price quoted is for delivery of the work to the client’s address as set out in the estimate. A charge may be made to cover any extra costs involved for the delivery to a different or more than one address.
10. PRICE VARIATION: Outline of Costings and Estimates are based on the current costs of production and on information supplied and are subject to sight of job. Unless otherwise agreed, estimates are subject to amendments on or at any time after acceptance to meet any rise or fall in such costs. Any artwork, images, files, logos, or any other form of digital information supplied to a third party on foot of a client request will be charged at an hourly rate of €65 with a minimum charge of €65 plus the cost of the most appropriate medium used to transmit the required item. If such a request is received, it shall be assumed that the client is aware of the additional charges associated and no alteration to previous quotations will be necessary.
11. TERMS OF PAYMENT: In the case of new clients and in some unusual cases, payment terms are to be as follows:
A non-refundable deposit of 50% the quotation design cost/s (ex VAT) is payable at the start of the project. The balance of the design costs, including VAT, is payable 30 days from date of invoice. All new customers must paid a deposit as no work will begin until the full deposit has been received. Payment terms are strictly 30 days from date of invoice with NO phased payments. An interim invoice shall be raised on any project that extends beyond a one-month period. Please note that ALL deposits or payments received are only valid for up to 3 months from the date the deposit has been received by us, you are therefore requested to commence work on your project/s within that period or your deposit will be deemed void.
Payment Options: Preferred payments are Bank Transfer, Cheque or Cash. Please ensure to make cheques out to ‘Fairways Design’. Fairways Design do not offer phased payments.
Credit Card Payments: We accept credit card payments via a secure Stripe Ireland link on invoices. However, all Credit Card payments must be requested by the client first and will incur a 2.5% surcharge/admin fee on all deposit/invoice totals. Upon request by the client, the Credit Card payment facility will then be added to your invoice.
Bounced Cheque Fee: A strict fee of €65 will be charged to clients in relation to any cheque that is withdrawn from our account due to insufficient funds in the clients account. This fee is to cover lost of time/earnings due to travel and dealing with our bank on the issue.
VAT is charged at 23% on all invoices. All costs outlined here in our Terms and Conditions exclude VAT.
VAT NO. 6890368T
Other Costs: Fairways Design is entitled to make an additional charge for any work required in advance of any agreed timetable or for any agreed shortening of the contact period.
In addition to design fees, Fairways Design shall be reimbursed for all reasonable out of pocket expenses, actually and properly incurred in the execution of the commission. Such expenses can include hotel and travelling expenses, use of car, postage, long-distance telephone calls and so on.
Costs incurred by Fairways Design for third party supplies furnished at the client’s request or with the client’s approval (unless they are specifically covered in the design proposals or are converted under a fixed fee agreement) shall be charged separately, this includes any third party VAT costs or delivery costs. A handling fee of 15% is applied to all outside costs.
The client shall provide Fairways Design, free of charge, with a reasonable number of specimens of any work carried out in connection with the commission.
Quotations, Invoices and Statements: Clients will be issued with a secure username/password to access the Fairways Design Online Customer Account Area (Freshbooks) for access to all quotations, invoices and statements. Please note that all invoices, quotations and statements are only issued via the Fairways Design Online Customer Account Area as PDF downloads (these documents are no longer printed on company headed paper). Any claim respecting invoices must be made within 5 working days of invoice date, otherwise claims cannot be entertained. Any modifications to invoices, quotations or statements at the request of the client will be charged at EUR35 per document. Modification to invoices or quotations after 30 days of issue cannot be entertained.
Main Street, Midleton, Cork
NSC: 93-41-27 A/C No: 33225010
AIB’s SWIFT Address (BIC): AIBKIE2D
12. STRICT LATE PAYMENT FEES: Invoices remaining unpaid after 30 days will be strictly automatically assessed with a late fee interest at 15% PER MONTH on the invoice subtotal and other projects, if applicable, will be put on hold until full payment for invoice/s has been cleared. If your invoice is not resolved within 90 days of issue we reserve the right to commence legal proceedings to recover the debt without further notice to you, and you will be responsible for all associated legal fees or collection costs.
13. DELAYED/POSTPONED COMMISSIONS: If any phase of a commission is delayed or postponed by the client without substantial alteration within a period of 30 days then Fairways Design will invoice for work completed to date regardless if a project has not been completed. The resumed commission shall be deemed to constitute a separate contract for which fees shall be negotiated.
14. COPYRIGHT: The universally recognised law of copyright applies to all work undertaken by Fairways Design. It serves to protect Fairways Design and its clients from plagiarism and unauthorised use of any work that Fairways Design has created. In all cases Fairways Design acts as the guardian and is the full copyright owner of any piece of work it has created, and thus ensures protection of abuse and incorrect use of its original copyrighted work on behalf of clients. Note: the fee paid by the client for a design, website or artwork by Fairways Design covers one-time reproduction rights only. If further reprints or additional work is commissioned using the same design(s) or artwork, a reasonable fee will be applicable for copyright purposes.
Where illustration or photography is involved, the creator (such as the illustrator or photographer) retains the copyright on the illustrations(s)/photograph(s) unless an ownership fee has been previously agreed. Source artwork files remain the property of Fairways Design unless an ownership fee of these files has been previously agreed in writing. In the case of tenders, regardless of a presentation fee, and where Fairways Design is unsuccessful, the design solution presented remains the copyright property of Fairways Design and may not be used for any other applications without first consulting Fairways Design. In all cases, work created by Fairways Design is copyrighted by them and therefore may be accredited thus on material.
The design or any other work carried out during the course of the commission must not be used for any purpose other than that for which it was commissioned without the prior written approval of Fairways Design. In no circumstances may any work in rough form be used or published as finished work without the prior written approval of Fairways Design. The client may not either use or alter artwork without the permission of Fairways Design.
Logo/brand design copyright: Upon receipt of payment the client has copyright over all logos designed by Fairways Design and can use their logo where and when they want. However, the client must not, in any way, alter or change the appearance of their logo design. If the client requires any alterations to their logo then they must inform Fairways Design.
15. TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT: Any agreement between Fairways Design and client shall terminate if either party commits a breach of agreement and fails to remedy it within 14 days of receiving notification from the other party. Such notification must specify the nature of the breach and outline a remedy. On termination or postponement of the commission, or any part of it, for any reason, Fairways Design is entitled to full remuneration for the work completed to date, together with all expenses. Fairways Design shall retain the copyright upon completion, even if the fee agreed in advance for the work has included assignment of the copyright.
16. APPROVAL: Written or Online approval (FreshBooks Customer Account) of the quotation and terms and conditions is required prior to commencement projects. If, however, such approval has not been received prior to first presentation, the attendance of the client will be an implicit agreement to both the quotation and the associated terms and conditions. Approval of these terms and conditions and quotations is only required from one member of any company or organisation.
17. RIGHT TO CHANGE: Fairways Design reserves the right to update the Terms and Conditions of contract at any time during, or prior to the commencement of any project.
18. TERMINATION: Where Fairways Design provides services on an ongoing or continuous basis, Fairways Design will provide the Client with one month’s notice of termination, or of any changes to relevant prices and conditions.
- Fairways Design may terminate the agreement with the Client at any time.
- In the event of any of the below terminations, Fairways Design reserves the right to charge the Client for the time spent on the Client’s project including time spent in communication with the Client in relation to any of the matters below at up to a rate of €80 (ex VAT) per hour plus a project cancellation charge of up to 40% of the remaining fees due.
- Should the Client change the purpose of their existing website and request updates or update themselves via a Content Management System a website so that the original aims and purposes of a site are no longer the same or similar to what was agreed in an original contract.
- Should the Client fail to make a payment within 7 days of being notified that a due payment has not been made.
- Should the Client go into liquidation or have a receiver/ administrative receiver appointed over any of its assets.
- If the Client is in breach of any term of this agreement and the breach is incapable of remedy or, if the breach is remediable, it continues for a period of 15 days after written notice requiring the breach to be remedied has been given to the Client
- If, in Fairways Design’s sole opinion, the Client is using Fairways Design services in a way likely to damage or bring disrepute onto Fairways Design and the Client does not immediately desist from this use on written notice from Fairways Design to this effect.
19. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Client agrees to pay for Fairways Design services within 30 days of invoice date unless explicitly agreed otherwise in writing by Fairways Design. Fairways Design reserves the right to add a penalty rate of 15% per month to your invoice subtotal after 60 days if unpaid.
- You are permitted up to 3 rounds of revisions (or 2 hours our time making changes). Additional time, if required, will be charged extra as per our hourly rate of €65 on your invoice.
- During some developments Fairways Design may provide any service by means of third parties at its sole discretion.
- Fairways Design may appoint people working on contract basis for Fairways Design to work on any project.
- Fairways Design will take all reasonable care in its undertaking of work for a Client to ensure that it is freed from errors. However, the Client warrants the understanding and acceptance that, as it is not possible to guarantee freedom from errors.
- Fairways Design will take reasonable care to ensure its assessments, audits and recommendations to a Client are soundly based and aimed at completing the agreed tasks to a professional standard. Where the Client undertakes actions following recommendations from Fairways Design the Client accepts that responsibility for any subsequent outcomes from this, remains with the Client.
- The Client may agree additional work at any stage with Fairways Design. This may be subject to additional fees which may not be the same as fees for the same services previously rendered to the Client. The terms and conditions as outlined here will apply to the additional work unless explicitly varied by agreement between the two parties.
WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT TERMS
For the purposes of this contract, development in most cases will refer to the development of a website or other media piece agreed by a Client and Fairways Design.
Client: The Client is the person entering into an agreement with Fairways Design for the purchase of services usually, but not restricted to, website development and other associated media.
Fairways Design: Glen McArdle (trading as Fairways Design) is the vendor and provider of services.
The Client agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions of web development. Any amendments to the following must be mutually agreed.
1. Development Process
- Fairways Design agrees that all of the business affairs and information of the Client are to be kept confidential except where necessary for the execution of their services for the Client.
- Fairways Design is not responsible for any website or website development hosted through a provider other than hosting providers recommended by Fairways Design.
- Fairways Design is not responsible for search engines crawling and ranking websites while they are in a testing area or in development stage.
- Fairways Design is not responsible for loss or damage to client’s data due to sever issues or hacking of a website or other online system.
- To ensure the timely completion of your project Fairways Design will only accept your website content though via our online website organisation/structuring application called JumpChart.
- Fairways Design is not responsible for spamming, phishing, pharming or spoofing originating from a clients website or online system.
- Fairways Design is not responsible for the management of e-mail or for any e-mail related issues suffered by the client, the client must therefore contact their hosting support team directly for ALL e-mail related queries and/or issues.
- All intellectual property rights in materials provided by the Client for its website remains the Client’s property. Subject to this, all intellectual property rights in software, design work or any other materials provided to the Client pursuant to this agreement remain the property of Fairways Design.
- The Client is responsible for ensuring that all material supplied to Fairways Design during a development is either copyright free or that the Client has the permission of the respective copyright owners to use the materials.
- The Client will provide Fairways Design within a reasonable time frame, either at the beginning of a development or before a development commences, all information and assistance reasonably required for the completion of any agreed tasks, including overall business objectives and objectives for the Client’s website. This is to include but is not limited to costs, pictures, content information, photographs, time scales and required functionality, plus any relevant legal requirements, logos, artwork, product and service information.
- No website Fairways Design creates includes the development of a logo “as standard”. However during the development of a website Fairways Design may create some artwork as part of a Client’s unique design which may be used by the Client for other purposes in their branding. Should the Client require that this artwork undergo further development such that it goes beyond three iterations this will then be counted separate to the original agreed development and is subject to Fairways Design hourly rate of €65 (ex VAT) per hour unless a set fee is otherwise agreed between the Client and Fairways Design.
- Any information and images intended for inclusion in a website should normally be provided in digital format by e-mail or via the WeTransfer.com website unless previously agreed to between Fairways Design and the Client. Should Fairways Design have to spend unreasonable time converting material into a usable format for a development they reserve the right to charge the Client €65 (ex VAT) per hour.
- This proposal includes two local consultation meetings, one at the beginning of your project (i.e after quote approval) and a final meeting at the end of the project as outlined within this proposal. Additional local meetings at the request of the client will be charged at €65 (ex VAT) per hour. If such a request is received, it shall be assumed that the client is aware of the additional charges associated and no alteration to previous quotations will be necessary.
- Any additional cost arising where the information has to be created or converted to digital format by Fairways Design will be agreed with the Client beforehand. If digital information is supplied in a non-standard format, the Client will be responsible for Fairways Design reasonable costs of conversion to a usable format. Where Fairways Design after making all reasonable efforts, are unable to facilitate the conversion of content into a usable format a third party will be found to undertake this work. The cost of this is in addition of any previously agreed contract.
- If the Client does not engage in reasonable contact with Fairways Design during the development of a project resulting in Fairways Design being unable to continue with a development for a period of 2 weeks or if the Client fails to provide the required content, information, text/images or provide updates to an online proof/s within normally a 3 week time scale from the date of initiation, or a period otherwise mutually agreed with Fairways Design, then Fairways Design reserves the right to charge the Client for the time spent on the Client’s project at up to a rate of €65 (ex VAT) per hour plus a cancellation charge of 40% of the remaining fees due of the development. Should this happen it will be treated as a termination of contract by the Client. Should the Client subsequently request that Fairways Design continue with a development, Fairways Design reserves the right to renegotiate any fees due from the original contract or renegotiate a new contract.
- The Client is responsible for sending any information to Fairways Design.
- If an invoice is not resolved within 60 days of issue we reserve the right to block all access to your site and commence legal proceedings to recover the debt without further notice to you, and you will be responsible for any associated legal fees or collection costs.
- Fairways Design shall retain the copyright and ownership of the website until ALL payments have been made by the client.
- The Client accepts unconditionally that Fairways Design is not liable for any loss or damage incurred by the Client including but not limited to loss of profit or search engine ranking.
- Fairways Design may recommend contracts for the hosting of some of the websites it creates. Fairways Design is not responsible for this hosting. If the outside contractor suspends the hosting or other internet services for the purpose of maintenance, improvement or repair or if there is any failure of or fault in the provision of the internet services for any reason not in the immediate, direct control of Fairways Design or its agents, Fairways Design will not be liable for any loss or damage incurred by the Client, whether direct or indirect (including, without limitation, loss of profit) and whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise.
- Should the client wish to terminate services with Fairways Design a €175 (ex VAT) transfer fee is applied for the transfer of the website files. Fairways Design maintains the right to withhold any custom coding or files which may be the intellectual copyright of Fairways Design and further negotiations can be entered to transfer such files.
2. Design, creation and maintenance of a website for the Client:
The Client commissions Fairways Design to design and create a website to meet the agreed business needs of the Client and to submit the design and completed website for the Client’s approval.
- The website design fee or any outstanding part of it will be due in full on completion of the website or at agreed stages. The Client undertakes to pay Fairways Design the agreed design fee promptly on approval of the completed website or agreed staged development and on the submission of the associated invoice. The Client agrees not to unreasonably withhold approval of the design, stage development or completed website.
- The design of the particular website will be the property of the Client upon completion of the contract. However, this will in no way prevent Fairways Design from using any aspect of the site design or coding for other Clients. The Client may adopt aspects of the design in other media including print with the permission of Fairways Design which will not be unreasonably withheld.
- Should the client change their mind on the scope of the project in a way that reduces the cost / time scale of the project Fairways Design reserves the right to charge for any project work completed prior to this scope change.
- The Client understands that Fairways Design may use the published website as a reference site only for future potential Clients of Fairways Design and will not unreasonably withhold permission for this.
- The Client is not restricted to engaging Fairways Design to undertake site maintenance and amendment. This may be undertaken by the Client or a third party engaged by the Client.
- The client understands that premium WordPress themes are purchased by Fairways Design from third party suppliers upon client selection of the theme they deem suitable for the foundation of their website. Fairways Design will liaise with the theme author regarding any theme queries or if any issues with the theme arise. Fairways Design will do all they can to rectify any issues with the theme author but will not be held responsible for any delays caused to the project due to time solving issues with the theme.
- This proposal contains several important and relevant resources for both paid and free online tutorials related to the clients web design/development project. It is the clients responsibility to ensure they make full use of these online resources prior to the hand-over of the CMS website project. If the client requires specific tutorials to be recorded by Fairways Design in addition to the resources already outlined then the client must make this request in writing to Fairways Design before the project is handed over upon completion. Cost of custom tutorials recorded by Fairways Design will depend on the requirements set out by the client.
- If applicable, Fairways Design will install the free version of the Yoast SEO plugin on the client’s website. The client understands that all SEO content such as post titles, meta descriptions, meta keywords for pages/posts and taxonomies are to be managed by the client. Therefore, Fairways Design highly recommends that the client pays particular attention to the relevant Yoast SEO links within this proposal which provide ALL the information regarding setting up SEO content on your website. Please note that Fairways Design DO NOT provide SEO services to clients or offer support in this area and recommends, if required, that the client seeks professional SEO advice from a certified SEO expert. The client also understands that Fairways Design is not responsible for any search ranking results on search engines once their website has gone live and that it may take several days/weeks for search engines such as Google to crawl/publish the SEO metadata on their new website.
- Your website will be installed initially on our testing server and then transferred across to your hosting server upon final approval and receipt of all payments due (no exceptions).
- The Client agrees to take adequate measures to ensure their website or any system operated or provided by Fairways Design is not used for transmission of computer viruses, any material that is obscene, defamatory, abusive, indecent, or illegal, nor used in a manner creating a violation or infringement of the rights of any person, firm, company or other entity.
- Fairways Design hosting partners reserves the right to suspend the hosting and / or other services at its absolute discretion for the purpose of maintenance, improvement, repair or prevention of problems.
- Where Fairways Design hosting partners provides the Client with e-mail facilities, web hosting or other services which involve the provision of computer storage space, Fairways Design’s hosting partners reserve the right to impose limits on the storage space and bandwidth provided. Such limits may be by reference to the physical amount of space made available, the number of e-mail messages held, the size of any attachments sent or any other method the hosting partner may specify. Fairways Design’s hosting partner reserves the right to vary these limits from time to time and will keep the Client informed by e-mail. Fairways Design’s hosting partner reserves the right to refuse to accept material and/or to delete material which exceeds the relevant limit.
- The client may be requested by Fairways Design to transfer their hosting and/or domain to Fairways Design’s hosting partners due to hosting compatibility issues with their original hosting. If this is the case, the client is responsible for ensuing that all hosting/domain details such as EPP codes are requested from their current hosting providers and passed on to Fairways Design’s hosting partners without delay. Fairways Design or its hosting partners will not be held responsible for any delays resulting in the client obtaining this information for their original host provider. Please note that it can take up to 10 working days for a hosting company to supply EPP codes for hosting transfer.
- The client is fully responsible for the management and backing up of all website content upon hand over. Fairways Design will not take any responsibility for any loss or damage to client’s data due to mismanagement or failure to backup data including e-mails, website directory and database files. The Client is strongly urged, without delay, to avail of the additional annual Offsite Backup Add-on provided by the hosting company and is advised to consult the hosting partner prior to hand over for full details on how to manage e-mail accounts and website backups.
- The Client should contact Fairways Design prior to installing any new plugins on their website after the website has been handed over. Fairways Design will not be held responsible for any issues/conflicts caused by plugins installed by the client. The client understands also that issue caused by installing third party plugins after hand-over of a website may only be resolved by restoring a website backup.
- The client understands that Fairways Design shall retain ownership and copyright of the website until all payments due have been made by the client. Fairways Design will only transfer your website (from our testing server) to your hosing account upon receipt of full payment due. A website maybe taken offline (in part or full) without notice if any outstanding/invoice payments are not resolved. Any attempt made by the client or anyone acting on behalf of the client to interfere with a website taken offline, were outstanding payments have not been resolved, will be liable to legal action and any associated legal costs.
4. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force on the 25th May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive.
It is imperative that key personnel in your organisation are aware that the law is changing to the GDPR, and start to factor this into your future planning. Clients should start to identify areas that could cause compliance problems under the GDPR.
Although Fairways Design may provide some reference on GDPR, clients must understand that this is purely for guidance only, and does not constitute legal advice or legal analysis. All organisations that process data need to be aware that the General Data Protection Regulation will apply directly to them. The responsibility to become familiar with the Regulation and comply with its provisions from 25th May 2018 onwards therefore lies with the organisation and not Fairways Design).
5. After Sales Support
Website design packages include up to one year after sales support if required. Please note that this support includes updating of the website and only covers technical issues relating to either your hosting/domain (Fairways Design hosting partners only), WordPress issues or issues relating to your premium WordPress theme. Please note that continued support of your website will be invoiced at €130 ex VAT annually after the first year. Fairways Design will not be held responsible for any issues relating to updating of WordPress, theme and plugins after the first year if additional annual support had not been requested in writing by the client.
Misconfiguration Issues: The client accepts that they are fully responsible for ALL configuration or updates made to their website by their administrators once the website has been handed over. Therefore it is very important that all your website administrators contact Fairways Design in the first instance for advise/guidance regarding configuration or updates to the website or server.
Issues caused to your website due to misconfiguration by your website administrators or any third party are not covered under the annual After Sales Support. In cases of potential misconfiguration we recommend that you contact your Hosting Support and request a restore of your server to a date prior to when the misconfiguration may have occurred (see Offsite Backup below).
OFFSITE BACKUP: The client is fully responsible for the management and backup of their website after handover and is strongly urged, without delay, to avail of the additional annual Offsite Backup Add-on plan (see optional extras page) provided directly from the hosting company. This Offsite Backup Add-on, supported only by the hosting company, must be in place on the Client’s hosting prior to handover.
Fairways Design reserve the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. By continuing to accept services from Fairways Design the Client will be deemed to be bound by the altered Terms and Conditions.
All amendments to agreements signed by customers, as well as any other assurances or arrangements, must be made in writing. Any agreement made on behalf of Fairways Design by its representatives or agents shall only be binding if agreed in writing by Fairways Design.
Unless otherwise mutually agreed, any quote provided by Fairways Design will be valid for a maximum of 1 month.